Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weird Glitches in the Sims 2

Not too long ago, I was asked on another website to identify some of the weirdest things that have happened to me while playing the Sims 2. Truth be told, I had never realized how many strange glitches have occurred while playing the game until I sat down and thought about it. Sure, I have been playing the game for quite some time now (at least three years) and I own all of the expansion packs, but I never thought that so many strange things could've happened in the game. Here's a list of some weird glitches that have occurred:

1. Perhaps one of the strangest things that has ever happened in the game, occurred just a few days ago. One of my teenaged girl sims (you probably know her as Sharla Ottomas), was asked out on a date over the phone by her boyfriend. Now that sounds pretty normal right? Well, the thing is, her boyfriend went to college a few days earlier and was now a young adult, so when I took her downtown to go on the date, they were in completely different life stages. I always thought that it wasn't possibly for a teenager and a young adult to date, but apparently if one of the teenagers ages before the other one they can. Of course, they couldn't do any romantic interactions while on the date (which made it super hard to get the date meter up to dream date), but they did "tender kiss" at the end of it. (They couldn't reach each other though, which was actually quite hilarious).

2. Another time, I was looking through one of my sims' memories (her name is Alicia) and I noticed that she had a memory of kissing someone besides her husband. Interested, since I hadn't remembered this happening in the game, I clicked on the memory. Next to the description "Alright, it's such a thrill to kiss someone new!" was a picture of herself! So apparently sims can kiss themselves and get a memory of it? How strange!

3. When you install the Sims 2 Pets expansion pack (which is a great one by the way), many new animals are available in the game. One of them that you often see wandering on a lot is a skunk named Stinky Skunk. Sims on the lot can either watch him, pet him or choose to ignore him. One time, while I was playing as one of my sims couples, the wife was about to pet it. (Fortunately, I exited out of that interaction before she got sprayed). Now, I could understand sims wanting to pet skunks I guess, but a few seconds later her wants randomly changed. Sunny now wanted four of her aquintances to get sprayed by Stinky Skunk, I have no idea why. Now that girl has problems.

4. I love creating new neighborhoods for the Sims 2. I have this one neighborhood that I created about a year ago in my game and it has a pretty decent size population of premade sims in it. Recently, four of my sims graduated from college and returned to the neighborhood to get married and have families. Everything was going great (as in, there weren't any major glitches), until a few of my sims started having children. The babies looked completely normal, but their pictures were all messed up. Here's what I mean:

Now, I'm not sure what that thing is exactly, but it's DEFINITELY not a baby sim. Luckily, the baby's picture turned back to normal when she aged into a toddler. Thank goodness!

A lot of crazy glitches have occurred while playing the Sims 2, but these were some of my favorite (and weirdest ones). Who knows what other strange things will happen the next time I decide to play the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment