Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Crazy Things That Happen to Lyla Grunt

After successfully resurrecting Lyla Grunt for the first time in the game, I first wanted to take a look at her personality to see what kind of sim that I would be played as. Here’s what I found:
Now I definitely know where Ripp got his sloppiness from. Don’t get me wrong, sloppy sims aren’t that bad, but they can sometimes be a little annoying when they create puddles every time they use the shower or bathtub and how they seem to break appliances and catch themselves on fire more often than other sims. But as long as you keep them away from all stoves and fireplaces and buy them a fire alarm, they’re not too hard to handle.
One thing that I noticed after I resurrected Lyla is that you are only allowed to change her appearance with the mirror once. If you try to “change her appearance” more than once, her face starts to get corrupted. If you want Lyla’s face to stay the same, then your best bet is to not even try to change her hairstyle or makeup in the first place. Also, if you have seasons installed, make sure that Lyla doesn’t get too hot or too cold, or else her face will get corrupted as well.
Another thing that I noticed about Lyla is that when you take her on vacation (with the Bon Voyage expansion pack installed of course), her face shifts to another custom face when you go on different vacation community lots. Here’s what I mean:
Luckily, her face shifted back to the original one when she returned home from her vacation. Now I know never to take her on vacation again, unless I want her face to shift around every time she switches community lots.
Strangely enough, it’s only vacation community lots that cause her face to shift. When I took her to the community lots in Strangetown with the rest of the Grunts, her face remained intact the whole time.
Another strange thing I noticed about Lyla is that she doesn’t have any memories of her family prior to when the game begins. So if you play as the Grunt family and Tank gets an A+ and you resurrect Lyla after, you’ll notice the only memory that she has is Tank getting an A+, she doesn’t remember anything before the player starts playing on the Grunt family lot.
So Lyla has absolutely no memories of meeting her husband, getting married, having her three children, etc. This means that she’s never had her first kiss, so you could technically obtain the “first kiss” video from her if you interact her to kiss someone for the first time. You’ll also get special event videos if you make her do anything with General Buzz, even though he has memories of those things happening before. Well isn’t that nice to know?
Since I could go on writing about the many unique things about Lyla Grunt and all of the crazy things that happened when I moved her back in with the Grunts forever, I’ll post more entries about her later (so I don’t get too far off the topic of premade resurrections). Don’t worry you haven’t seen the last of Strangetown and this interesting sim!
Next time I’ll be continuing on with resurrecting random premades in other neighborhoods. Our next stop is Veronaville, a place filled with Romeos. You know you don’t want to miss this!

1 comment:

  1. Lyla Grunt is very glitchy and I know this is an old post but I was just wondering if this corrupted your entire game? Because I've done it before and I had to uninstall and reinstall all my Sims 2 games because she corrupted my entire game.

    ReplyDelete