Monday, June 20, 2011

Resurrecting Random Premades Part 2

It’s time to discuss how to resurrect premades in my favorite neighborhood…Strangetown! There are a total of nineteen sims that you can resurrect in this neighborhood, and all of them are located in Olive Specter’s garden. Even though you can legally resurrect all nineteen of them, only certain sims can be safely resurrected (as in, they will not corrupt your game if you do). I only know of two sims that are safe to resurrect: Creon Nigmos and Lyla Grunt, although I have only resurrected one of them in the game so far. Of course, I am talking about the latter, Lyla Grunt, who is the mother of Tank, Ripp and Buck Grunt from 51 Road to Nowhere.

For years, I had been trying to resurrect her and for a while, nothing I tried worked. I tried the Tombstone of L & D method, but she only disappeared after I added her and I even tried resurrecting her using the Resurrect-o-Nomitron, but every time I had one of her sons call the Grim Reaper would tell them they didn’t know anyone that had died. After several attempts, I finally came across a method that worked; the move grave method which I mentioned in my previous entry.

The move grave method was a lot easier than I thought it would be and it only required me to have two Sims expansion packs to do it: Sims 2 University and Sims 2 Nightlife. Here’s how it works:

1. First I went into the Specter’s lot and found Lyla’s grave (it was located in the front of the garden).

2. Next, I clicked on her grave and selected the option “move this grave.” Under the menu for which community lot to send it I selected downtown (which you have to add in from neighborhood view) and “Gothier Green Lawns.”

3. Lyla’s grave then disappeared and her ghost appeared to wave goodbye:


4. I then entered the Grunt lot and obtained a Grim Reaper phone by pressed CTRL + SHIFT + C and entering “unlockCareerRewards” into the cheat box and pressing enter. After that, all of the selected family member’s Career Rewards (which in this case was Ripp’s), were unlocked.

5. Next, I grabbed the Resurrect-o-Nomitron and had Ripp call the Grim Reaper. Sure enough, Lyla was now listed under dead sims that he knew and after I paid the Grim Reaper $10,000 dollars (courtesy of the “motherlode” cheat), she was back and playable. Crazy huh?

Looking back, I understood why the previous two methods that I originally tried didn’t work. The reason why I couldn’t resurrect Lyla with the Tombstone of L & D or with just the Grim Reaper phone alone was because no one in her family had a memory of her dying. So in order to be able to resurrect her successfully, her grave had to be moved, so that her children (Tank, Ripp & Buck) could resurrect her with the Resurrect-o-Nomitron. See? Here she is: 

Next Time: The weird things that happen to the premade deceased townies in Strangetown after you resurrect them. Don’t miss it!
If you want to see a video of the “move this grave” method step-by-step click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSV-rfO78BA
If you want to see Lyla successfully resurrected by Ripp click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxuOqR-Xuvw&feature=channel_video_title

No comments:

Post a Comment